LIP INJECTIONS AT SKINLY AESTHETICS IN NEW YORK CITY
Dr. Schwarzburg is the ultimate choice for New Yorkers looking for non-surgical lip augmentations with naturally beautiful and aesthetically pleasing results.
- Dr. Schwarzburg is the top lip filler injector in NYC and has performed thousands of lip filler injections with excellent results.
- Skinly Aesthetics medspa is located on the Upper East Side in Manhattan in close proximity to major shopping centers including Bloomingdales.
- With over a decade of experience, Dr. Schwarzburg has numerous loyal patients who choose him for their lip augmentation needs and upkeep.
- When you come to Skinly Aesthetics you immediately feel the positive vibe and welcoming environment that helps make your lip filler procedure a breeze.
NYC LIP FILLER INJECTIONS
Injectable lip enhancements in NYC have significantly grown in popularity over the past decade (1). Lip transformations via injectable dermal fillers have become socially and publicly normalized and accepted due to the openness and transparency offered by social media celebrities including Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner.
In New York City, where everybody is obsessed with the way they look and especially a beautiful pout, lip injections have become one of the most popular facial enhancement procedures.
GETTING LIP INJECTIONS WITH DR. SCHWARZBURG IN NEW YORK
Dr. Schwarzburg notes that there are many reasons why patients decide to transform and augment their lips with the most common motives listed below:
- Patients with genetically thin lips get lip fillers to enhance their shape for a fuller, more voluptuous pout. Having a thin top lip that, which is just a line, requires ingenuity and creativity to make it look full and luscious with makeup. Patients spend a lot of time and effort to have that attractive look and get tired of having to waste hours by elaborately outlining their thin lips.
- Age and gravity decrease the natural production of collagen, fat and hyaluronic acid resulting in loss of volume, plumpness, definition and hydration in the lips. Over the years lips lose their glow and shine to become dull and dry. Applying over-the-counter remedies often leads to even more frustration, as the effects are short-lived and barely noticeable. Artful lip filler injections at Dr. Schwarzburg’s dermatology clinic in NYC take care of this problem.
- Symmetry – practically no one is perfectly symmetrical and in some cases, there is significant unevenness in the lips, which can be balanced out using dermal fillers. Dr. Schwarzburg often observes minor lip irregularities ranging from one side being taller or another side being more inverted or rolled in than the other. Regardless of the cause almost all of them can be easily corrected with a few targeted lip injections to achieve near-perfect symmetry.
- Smoothing lip wrinkles – sun damage, improper skin care, smoking and age-related collagen loss inevitably lead to crinkled and dehydrated lips. It is challenging to smooth out lip wrinkles via non-invasive methods such as creams, peels or even microneedling with results being underwhelming at best. On the other hand, lip fillers are reproducibly and reliably used to correct perioral folds, wrinkles and smoker’s lines to restore lips radiance.
PREPARING FOR YOUR LIP FILLER PROCEDURE WITH DR. SCHWARZBURG AT SKINLY AESTHETICS
Getting your lip filler done at Skinly Aesthetics in NYC does not require much planning. Below are the steps you can take to prepare for your lip filler procedure in order to optimize the results and make the injections as seamless as possible.
- Timing – Be sure to take into account any important events such as weddings, conferences, or birthdays to ensure you have at least 1 week to recover from lip injections and look your very best.
- Blood thinners – Stop taking blood thinning medications such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, and Motrin; supplements such as Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, Flax oil; and vitamins A and E to minimize the risk of bleeding and bruising.
- Cold sores – Let Dr. Schwarzburg know if you have a history of cold cores, and take Valtrex one day prior to prevent you from developing a herpetic sore on the day of your lip filler injection.
- Alcohol – Alcohol should be avoided for 1-2 days prior to the lip injection procedure to reduce bruising and swelling
- Photos – Look up photos of lips that you like for your injector to use as a reference, as that will help you during the consultation to plan the best lip shape.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURAL PROCESS OF LIP FILLER INJECTIONS AT SKINLY AESTHETICS
A lip filler is a common non-surgical cosmetic procedure that does not involve significant pre- and post-planning of surgery.
The process of your lip filler injection in New York with Dr. Schwarzburg at Skinly Aesthetics practice in NYC involves the following steps:
- Consultation is an opportunity to discuss important details regarding your lip filler treatment with Dr. Schwarzburg in the privacy of his exclusive NYC dermatology clinic. Dr. Schwarzburg has a critical eye and the expertise to determine which technique and dermal filler will best suit your individual needs.
- You will go over your treatment goals, any questions and concerns, and thorough medical history including medical allergies to confirm your candidacy for a lip filler.
- During your consultation pretreatment photos will be taken to use in the future to compare your lip filler results to your starting point.
- You should ask your provider about their qualifications, the number of lip filler procedures performed, any potential risks you should be expecting, and the lip injections style that will be used during the procedure. A comprehensive discussion will prevent any possible dissatisfaction with the lip filler treatment.
- Pre-procedural preparation:
- A makeup remover is used to wipe off lipstick or any residue. Then, a topical numbing cream is applied to your lips and left on for 15 – 20 minutes to prevent discomfort during the injection process. Dr. Schwarzburg uses a strong numbing cream containing benzocaine, lidocaine and tetracaine. Rarely, Dr. Schwarzburg will perform an intraoral lidocaine injection for patients with very low pain tolerance.
- Once the numbing cream is removed, the lips are sanitized with alcohol or another appropriate agent before starting the lip injections themselves.
- Lip injection procedure
- After precisely mapping out the injection territory with a dermal pen, a carefully selected hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm, Restylane, RHA, Revanesse or Belotero is unpacked and prepped. The injections are done using either a small hollow needle (15 mm, 31 Gauge) or a tiny cannula utilizing a retrograde serial puncture technique into various regions of the lip. The most commonly injected area include the vermillion border (the border between the red and white lip surfaces), the body of the lip, Cupid’s bow (V-shaped center of the upper lip), philtrum columns (two vertical lines projecting from the base of the nose to the vermillion border), and oral commissures (corners of the mouth).
- After about 20 minutes the lip injections are complete and the lips are further molded through a special massaging technique to achieve the most sensual and attractive look possible, but also to make sure the filler spreads evenly without visible lumps and settles evenly.
- Post-procedural steps
- An ice pack is immediately applied to freshly injected lips to minimize intense swelling secondary to the expansion of the lip product in the interstitial space. The inflammation persists for 1-2 days and slowly subsides decreasing the lip volume by 25-30%.
- Dr. Schwarzburg advises his patients in NYC to stay calm and reserved in the 2 days following lip injections as the swollen and sometimes grotesque look is transient and the lips assume their new normal shape and form in approximately 3 days. While it’s infrequent, some patients do get overwhelmed especially when they have a special event coming up in New York, and exhibit the urge to undo their lip filler by injecting lip-dissolving medicine such as hyaluronidase. Dr. Schwarzburg strongly advises against this extreme action and to exercise patience with the healing process.
- You are free to take any over-the-counter pain medication to help with soreness.
- You will be advised to avoid rubbing your lips to prevent filler migration and refrain from exercising for 24 hours to minimize further swelling.
THE DIFFERENT LIP TYPES AND SHAPES TO CONSIDER DURING YOUR LIP FILLER AUGMENTATION PROCEDURE
Everyone’s facial anatomy is different, from the structure of our nose and jawline to the shape of our lips. Contingent on your natural lip shape, one of many lip injection techniques may be used to create your ideal lip shape through the careful and well-thought-out placement of a suitable dermal filler.
Different lip shapes include:
- Full lips – overall fullness in both the top and bottom lip. If this is your lip type, your best bet is to go with an even spread between top and bottom lip for your enhancement.
- Heavy upper lips – if your upper lip is significantly larger than your bottom lip, you may want to even out your lips by adding slightly more filler to the inferior aspect of your lips.
- Wide lips – if you have a wide mouth, ask your provider about the Russian Lip Technique. This can add vertical projection to your lips giving them bottom-to-top emphasis.
- Round lips – round lips are common and often associated with a smaller mouth. Alongside your lip filler, you can explore the option of a lip flip to give your round lips some curvature at the corners of your mouth.
- Heavy lower lips – if your lips are visibly bottom-heavy, it may make your top lip appear extra small. In this case, you can ask your provider to distribute the dermal filler with more emphasis on the top lip to even out the asymmetry.
- Thin lips – many of us have thin or nearly non-existent lips. While this may cause some insecurity, thin lips can be shaped and molded in a variety of ways, giving you many options to get the shape and size that fit your aesthetic goals.
- Bow-shaped lips – you may have more magnification in the center of your mouth that gradually fades as you get closer to the corners of your mouth. Dermal filler placed along the lateral aspect of your lips can give you a more even enhancement.
- Heart-shaped lips – these lips are very similar to round lips but have slightly more volume at the lower lip. Many people want this look, but if you don’t there are techniques to make both top and bottom lip more symmetrical.
- Downward-turned lip – if you feel like you constantly look like you’re frowning due to the downturned corners of your lips, you should consider adding a lip flip to your lip filler to curve the corners upward for an overall more “smiley” look.
Lips types and shapes
HOW MUCH FILLER IS TYPICALLY USED DURING A SINGLE PROCEDURE?
The average amount of filler used during one treatment is 1 syringe, which contains 1 mL of biocompatible hyaluronic acid gel. Hyaluronic acid gel droplets are hydrophilic meaning that they attract water molecules and expand like a dry sponge submerged in water. This biomechanical property of lip fillers is what creates volume and definition in the injected area. The more hydrophilic the filler the greater lip volume can be obtained with 1ml lip filler syringe.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR LIP FILLER?
The ideal candidate for a lip filler is an overall healthy patient who wants to make adjustments to the size, shape, or symmetry of their lips.
Below are the most common indications for getting lip injections:
- Patients looking to enhance the size and shape of their upper and lower lips, even out an asymmetry, wanting to enhance the intercommissural distance of the mouth, and augment philtrum columns together with Cupid’s bow are the ones to benefit the most from non-surgical lip augmentation;
- Patients frequently want to rejuvenate and restore volume in deflated and dehydrated lips secondary to age-related lip shrinking, genetic deficiencies, cigarette smoking and sun damage. Smoking is the leading contributor to unattractive perioral lines also known as smoker’s lines, which are nearly impossible to improve or reverse using over the counter creams and lotions. However, with precise and accurate lip filler injections, this nuisance is easily corrected to help you regain both physical beauty and inner confidence.
- Having realistic expectations about the lip filler procedure is important since having an inflated and irrational assumption is the most common cause of disappointment.
WHAT ARE THE CONTRAINDICATIONS TO GETTING A LIP FILLER?
There are very few restrictions that can prevent you from getting lip fillers and mostly include active oral infections such as canker or cold sores. Very rarely patients may be allergic to hyaluronic acid itself or lidocaine, and this commonly happens in inflammatory immune-mediated diseases such as lupus. While there are no clinical studies that prevent pregnant patients from getting lip filler procedures, it is well-accepted in the medical community that the stress and anxiety associated with the lip filler process may negatively affect the fetus and hence it is discouraged until pregnancy is over.
HOW LONG IS LIP FILLER PROCEDURE?
A lip filler treatment at Skinly Aesthetics usually takes 30-45 minutes from start to finish, depending on how many syringes are used, whether you need to take breaks in between, and the technique that is utilized to achieve your ideal lip shape. Knowing how busy his NYC patients lifestyle is, Dr. Schwarzburg moves swiftly, but with absolute precision and accuracy.
IS LIP FILLER PAINFUL?
Lip injections can be painful for some people, as the area itself is extremely sensitive. Most people feel a pinch or sting, though this sensation is minimized with a topical numbing agent containing lidocaine applied 15 – 20 minutes prior to the injections. You can also apply an ice pack to further numb the lips beforehand, and if you know that you have a low pain tolerance, you can even ask Dr. Schwarzburg for injectable lidocaine to fully numb your lips. Most hyaluronic acid fillers are additionally infused with lidocaine, making the overall process extremely tolerable.
WHAT ARE COMMON LIP FILLER RISKS AND SIDE EFFECTS?
Lip fillers are a safe and very frequently performed cosmetic treatment. Nevertheless, just as with any medical treatment, there are some possible risks and side effects to be aware of. The difference between an experienced board-certified physician like Dr. Schwarzburg, and an inexperienced or unqualified injector is their ability to safely handle these risks and side effects when they arise.
- Swelling (1 – 3 days) secondary to filler expansion and then contraction within the body of the lips. Keep in mind that when swollen, your lips can look disproportionately large, asymmetrical, and out of place, however, this is normal and is due to an inflammatory response.
- Bruising (1 – 4 days) secondary to the needle puncturing small blood vessels and blood collecting inside the soft tissues medically known as hematomas.
- Minor bleeding at the injection site, which can persist up to 10 minutes after treatment.
- Skin irritation (due to swelling your lips may become dry for a few days).
- Discoloration and tenderness (on the first day) secondary to the tissue being pierced with a sharp needle multiple times.
- Cold sore reactivation.
- Infection, which is extremely rare and can be caused by poor disinfection protocols or failure to follow post-procedural instructions. Regardless, they are quickly cured following a brief course of antibiotics.
- Formation of small nodules, knots, and lumps that essentially represent an exaggerated immune system response also known as granulomatosis. In 95% of the cases, these little balls can be massaged out or dissolved with Hylenex.
- Skin necrosis or tissue death (vascular compromise) if the filler is injected into or around an artery. This is an extremely rare occurrence, which is a result of improper technique or variant anatomy. Immediate medical attention is required to prevent further tissue injury.
- Asymmetry, where one side may be larger than the other is usually a result of improper filler distribution and an overall poor injection technique.
- Filler migration can rarely happen secondary to extremely dense tissues that prevent normal filler positioning and force filler droplets through the path of least resistance into any potential tissue space, but most commonly above the top lip, creating a “top shelf” look. This is easily adjusted with a few drops of Hylenex.
WHAT IS THE DOWNTIME AFTER A LIP FILLER?
If you watch a YouTube video of a lip filler procedure you may think that the process is so invasive and bloody that it requires significant downtime. Multiple online outlets also promote the idea that botched lip fillers are the majority of cases and should be avoided. Per Dr. Schwarzburg, it comes as a surprise to many patients that following their lip filler procedure there is minor social and virtually no medical downtime.
- Because of the advanced and sophisticated injection techniques that Dr. Schwarzburg utilizes in his NYC cosmetic dermatology clinic, his patients in 99% of the cases have no visual signs of bruising with immediate results that look natural and unobtrusive.
- Patients are free to engage in almost any pursuit that they wish as long as they feel comfortable doing so. In fact, most of Dr. Schwarzburg’s patients actually go out to flash their newly done and luminous lips to their friends and partners.
WHAT IS THE AFTERCARE FOR LIP FILLERS?
Dr. Schwarzburg’s custom approach to lip filler injections in his NYC private practice results in virtually no downtime with the following aftercare instructions to follow:
- To minimize the swelling you should use a provided ice pack immediately and throughout the day;
- Avoid activities that make you sweat such as strenuous exercise as well as intense heat, such as steam rooms and saunas for at least 24 hours, because high temperatures will increase tumescence;
- Reducing sodium intake and increasing water intake decreases the osmolarity of your interstitial fluids and in turn lessens post-procedural lip distension;
- Refrain from puckering, kissing, sipping from a straw, or smoking for 24 hours;
- Apply aloe vera, vitamin K, and arnica cream to help with bruising;
- Wait at least 30 minutes before applying lipstick, and avoid makeup for the first hour to keep the lips clean to allow small puncture wounds to fully close;
- Over-the-counter painkiller s for post-procedural pain and tenderness.
HOW LONG BEFORE I SEE LIP FILLER RESULTS?
You’ve been waiting long enough to augment your lips and hyaluronic acid dermal fillers will give you immediate results upon injection. Keep in mind that your lips will be swollen for the first 3 days. This initial swelling and fullness can sometimes be intimidating, but will go down as much as 30% as your lip filler settles and heals over the next 2 days. Because the lips are so vascular, it is common for patients to develop minor bleeding underneath the skin, which may last up to 1 week, but bruising is normal and no cause for panic. To speed up the healing process, you can also apply an ice pack to these small hematomas.
HOW LONG DO LIP FILLERS LAST? ARE THEY PERMANENT?
Hyaluronic lip fillers are not permanent. The average longevity of hyaluronic acid lip fillers is 6 – 12 months. This depends on the type of filler, the degree of cross-linking, how much is injected, and how your body metabolizes the filler. Dr. Schwarbzurg recommends touch-ups every 6 months to maintain your luscious new lips without watching them fully wear off and go back to an unenhanced baseline.
CAN I DISSOLVE LIP FILLER IF I DON’T LIKE IT?
Even though you may have been longing for larger lips all your life, there is always the possibility that after getting your lip filler, you decide that you actually do like the natural shape and size of your lips better. If this is the case, no worries – hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers are fully reversible via injection of hyaluronidase, an antidote to hyaluronic acid gel. Common hyaluronidase brands used by most doctors are Hylenex, Hydrase, and Vitrase.
After injection of 1ml of Hylenex the lips are fully dissolved and deflated within 24 hours.
HOW MUCH DO LIP FILLERS COST?
The lip filler cost typically ranges $600 – $1400 per 1ml syringe of dermal filler.
The following factors determine the final cost:
- Certain lip fillers brands are higher in price due to branding, unique composition and quality.
- The number of lip filler syringes directly affects the total cost – some patients opt for 0.5ml of lip fillers, others for 1ml and some go for 2ml or 3ml of lip filler.
- Geographical location plays an undeniable role in lip filler pricing. Lip filler prices are typically higher in larger cities, such as in NYC or Los Angeles, than in more rural and suburban areas.
- The skill and experience level of your injector determine the cost of this advanced procedure. Finding a physician in New York that has the experience and skill to provide the best possible results can be incredibly challenging. The best injectors are those who possess extensive knowledge of functional and structural lip anatomy, are board-certified doctors, and are up to date on scientific literature and findings. Based on this extraordinary level of expertise, doctors will likely charge more than a registered nurse.
WHAT TYPES OF DERMAL FILLERS ARE USED FOR LIP INJECTIONS?
For lip filler augmentations, hyaluronic acid (HA) based dermal fillers are most commonly used, due to the large variety of hyaluronic lip products and formulations available, and because hyaluronic acids are biocompatible, soft, dissolvable and fully reversible. Hyaluronic acid is also a natural substance, and because HA fillers are hydrophilic, they often increase volume by absorbing water molecules surrounding the injection site, expanding and enlarging the treatment area as a result.
Depending on the individual properties of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, they can be used to achieve various levels of projection in the lips. While some hyaluronic acid gels are denser, others are softer for a more subtle outcome. Some have the tendency to expand more than others to magnify the lips in patients who want more projection or if you have extremely thin lips that you want to emphasize
- Restylane Silk and Kysse as well as RHA family of fillers are known to be on the softer side, which is ideal if you want a mild enhancement with a natural-looking outcome. These two HA fillers are often used with the Russian Lip Technique, which molds the lips upward rather than outward and prevents that “ducky” looking pout.
- Juvederm Voluma, and Juvederm Ultra are great for patients looking to really magnify their lips for maximum fullness. Don’t worry – even Juvederm Voluma can be injected to expand your lips while still looking natural.
WHAT ARE DIFFERENT LIP FILLER INJECTION TECHNIQUES?
There are a variety of techniques that can be used to fill the lips with hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers including Juvederm or Restylane. Some common lip filler techniques include the following:
- Horizontal injection technique into the vermillion border and Cupid’s bow serves the goal of creating a sharp and distinct lip border, which is commonly lacking in patients with hereditary thin and narrow lips or in older patients with pronounced lip shrinking secondary to volume loss.
- Vertical injection technique placed superficially into the body of the lip is an advanced technique that allows to vertically enhance the lips to make them appear both taller and voluptuous without looking overdone. When the needle is inserted through the vermillion border this is also known as Russian lip filler technique.
- Philtrum column placement recreates inverted V soft tissue silhouette that is a sign of beauty and youthfulness but is commonly diminished and reduced throughout the aging process.
WHY DO CERTAIN DERMAL FILLERS CREATE MORE LIP VOLUME AND OTHERS DO NOT?
Certain types of fillers result in greater and more visible lip augmentation while others are more subtle and nuanced.
One of the factors responsible for the degree of expansion is the percentage of hydration.
- When the filler is 100% hydrated, it means that 1ml of filler remains 1ml in soft tissues without appreciable enlargement. RHA Redensity filler is a representative example of such a filler and should be used in a patient who wants subtle, barely visible enhancement.
- When the filler is partially hydrated it continues to expand inside the lip – with hydration ratio of 50% for example, 1ml of filler in the syringe will expand to 2ml of newly created volume in the lips. Juvederm Ultra generally is the least hydrated dermal filler meaning that it produces the most volume when injected. Juvederm Ultra should be used in patients seeking more lip volume and dramatic lip augmentation.
Another factor responsible is concentration of the hyaluronic acid in the dermal filler – the higher the concentration the larger the volume expansion of the filler.
These proportions must be taken into account during the planning process to avoid lips that are too big to fit a patient’s anatomy and look unnatural. Dr. Schwarzburg knows all the intricacies related to how fillers are formulated and manufactured and knowing how demanding his NYC clientele is, he takes extreme pride in knowing how to approach each of his lip filler patients in New York with the most custom plan possible.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIP SURGERY VS LIP INJECTION?
The beauty of lip filler injections is their non-surgical nature and limited possibility for adverse side effects and risks. Nevertheless, there are certain surgical lip procedures that are popular for people looking for a more permanent option. Two of the most common lip lifting surgeries include the bullhorn lip lift and lipo transfer.
- The bullhorn lip lift, also known as a subnasal lift, is a common cosmetic surgery in which the philtrum, the space between the upper lip and nostrils, is shortened. This is done via a small incision made below the nostrils to pull the skin upward, rolling out the upper lip and making it appear vertically extended. The recovery period for the bullhorn lip lift typically lasts approximately two to four weeks and involves swelling, bruising, and discomfort, particularly while eating, speaking and sneezing. A very common side effect is permanent lip scarring.
- Lipotransfer, also known as fat grafting, involves the transferring of fat from one part of your body to your lips. During this surgical procedure, adipose tissue is harvested from a given region of the body, typically the abdomen, purified, and then injected into the lips. Because liposuction involves surgical intervention, there is general anesthesia and expected downtime of approximately 1 – 2 weeks and a long list of potential risks and side effects, including lumpy lips as fat, which may be metabolized unevenly by the body.
IS LIP FLIP THE SAME AS LIP FILLER?
A lip flip is a minimally invasive procedure that creates the illusion of a more projected upper lip through the injection of 4 – 10 units of Botox into the orbicularis oris muscle right above the vermilion border and near the cupid’s bow of the upper lip. Over the following 3 – 5 days, the lip becomes more relaxed and is no longer pulled inward, creating an outward flip.
WHAT IS HYALURON NEEDLESS LIP FILLER?
“Needle-free lip fillers” are trending on social media in New York, particularly, the hyaluron pen, which essentially forces hyaluronic acid gel into your lips through immense pressure, causing more harm than even a needle and leaving many with botched, bruised, and uneven lips.
HOW MANY FILLER SYRINGES ARE NEEDED FOR MY LIPS?
The amount of dermal filler you will be getting for your lip enhancement fundamentally depends on how much volume you want to add. The average dose is 1 mL of Juvederm filler, which equates to about a quarter of a teaspoon. This amount is very unlikely to leave you looking fake, though some of Dr. Schwarzburg’s patients in NYC like to start with a half syringe (0.5 mL) and then add more once the half dose has settled. Other patients go for 2 – 3 mLs, though Dr. Schwarzburg rarely injects 3 syringes all during the same visit as he is a firm believer in “less is more”.
The primary determining factor of how much filler is needed for your lips is your desired result. If you want a more dramatic look, you will need more than 1ml syringe. Others may want to go with a smaller amount, if it is your first time, for example, to get a feel for what they like, and add more over time.
WHICH FILLER IS BEST TO USE FOR THE LIPS?
There is no single filler that is “the best” for your lips, just like there is no specific amount of filler that looks right on everyone. Your facial anatomy and the structure of your lips, as well as the outcome you want all factor into the filler that Dr. Schwarzburg selects for your individual treatment.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING A NEEDLE VS CANNULA FOR LIP INJECTIONS?
Dr. Schwarzburg always uses a very fine needle to inject the lips with dermal filler as needles offer ultimate precision and accuracy during the injection process. You may have read online or heard that cannulas are safer – while this does apply to some areas, such as the buttocks, it does not apply to the lips. Because cannulas have a blunt tip, you are less likely to bruise, but in an area as small and delicate as the lips, a cannula is extremely imprecise and often results in a sloppy outcome.
CAN I WEAR A LIPSTICK AFTER LIP FILLER TREATMENT?
You can wear lipstick 1 hour after your lip injections after the micro-wounds from the needle punctures have healed. However, you may want to skip the lipstick and stick to a soft lip balm as your lips will likely be dry and potentially cracked immediately after your NYC appointment due to the quick expansion and swelling of your lips.
WHAT WILL MY LIPS LOOK BEFORE AND AFTER LIP FILLER TREATMENT?
Many people have thin lips or suffer from asymmetry before getting them adjusted with dermal filler. Before having your lips done you may also notice a general lack of shape or dehydration and wrinkles on the lips that never used to be there. Once you get your lip filler and your results start showing, all these issues will be resolved and you will be left with a fuller, more hydrated and youthful-looking, defined lip shape.
- Before your lip enhancement, applying lip liner, and lipstick, and struggling with your entire makeup look was not only time-consuming but incredibly frustrating. At the point where you were ready to go out, wanting to look and feel your best, you were stuck with dealing with your lips that just didn’t fit right – applying lip liner properly is hard enough, what made it even harder was the shape and unevenness of your lips.
- After your lip fillers, you won’t have to struggle with the frustrating back and forth of removing and reapplying your lipstick in an attempt to get them looking just right. Instead, your lips will be symmetric and fully corrected, saving you both time and energy, and boosting your confidence on your night out.
WHEN IS IT OK TO EAT AND DRINK AFTER LIP INJECTIONS?
There are no restrictions in terms of eating or drinking after lip filler, though you should be cautious right after your appointment, as your lips may still be numb. The last thing you want is to enjoy a sandwich after you get your lip reshaped, and accidentally biting into them causing additional swelling, bruising, or even migration. Hence, it’s advised to wait at least 1-2 hours before you venture out and grab a snack in many of New York City’s cafes and eateries.
WILL LIP FILLER RUIN MY LIPS?
No – a skillfully placed lip filler will not ruin or damage your lips. In fact, it will keep them looking young and hydrated. Once the filler is metabolized by the body, your lips will simply snap back to what they were before you ever got filler.
It is extremely important to get your filler injected by a skilled and experienced board-certified physician like Dr. Schwarzburg to avoid any complications or permanent damage or deformation of your lips. New York is riddled with a lot of medspas offering this seemingly easy procedure where nurses and other allied professionals inject lips without physician supervision.
CAN I GET A LIP FILLER IF I’M PREGNANT?
There is no scientific evidence that lip fillers are dangerous for pregnant women, however, because dermal fillers haven’t been tested on pregnant women, they are not FDA-approved for women carrying a child or breastfeeding.
DO MEN GET LIP FILLERS?
Absolutely! Dr. Schwarzburg has many male patients at his NYC-based cosmetic dermatology practice who get dermal fillers injected into their lips to rejuvenate and hydrate, enhance, even out, or simply reshape their lips. The data shows that 10% of lip filler treatments are performed on men.
HOW TO FIND THE BEST DOCTOR FOR YOUR LIP FILLER TREATMENT IN NYC?
First and foremost, your doctor must be an expert in cosmetic medicine. A lot of people who work in medicine are technically qualified to inject dermal fillers, however, it takes a true expert and someone who specializes in cosmetic injectables to successfully carry out your lip filler injections while getting you the exact results that you had imagined for yourself. There are many techniques that can be used to create various lip shapes – only a board-certified physician with advanced training and several years of experience, such as New York based cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Schwarzburg has the necessary expertise and creativity to actually execute these techniques on different facial anatomic structures and lips. The last thing you want is to go to someone who uses the same technique on everyone, regardless of their lip shape – always remember that there is no “one size fits all” way to inject lip filler, especially if you want a specific look. You should also do further research on your provider and look at reviews and before and after photos to make sure that the person injecting you has a proven track record of beautiful outcomes and not several reviews about botched lips.
ARE LIP FILLERS WORTH IT?
Based on overall patient satisfaction at Dr. Schwarzburg’s NYC clinic alongside excellent feedback on patient’s experiences in terms of cost, recovery time, and the overall process of the procedure on reliable sources such as RealSelf, which has a 95% approval rate, yes, lip fillers are worth it. Such reviews demonstrate consistent satisfaction regarding the ease and quickness of the injections themselves alongside the speedy recovery time and incredible outcomes.
WHERE CAN I GET LIP FILLER NEAR ME IN NEW YORK?
It can be difficult to decide on a provider when you search for “lip filler near on me” with so many options to choose from on the map, and many of us don’t know where to start. Dr. Schwarzburg is a board-certified cosmetic physician who has been performing cosmetic injectable treatments for over a decade, providing his much sought-after expertise and bringing nothing but optimal results to the table. His medical practice is located on the Upper East Side in New York with close proximity to public and private transportation and a short walk from the famous Central Park and Bloomingdales New York City flagship store.
- 1 LIP INJECTIONS AT SKINLY AESTHETICS IN NEW YORK CITY
- 2 NYC LIP FILLER INJECTIONS
- 3 GETTING LIP INJECTIONS WITH DR. SCHWARZBURG IN NEW YORK
- 4 PREPARING FOR YOUR LIP FILLER PROCEDURE WITH DR. SCHWARZBURG AT SKINLY AESTHETICS
- 5 WHAT IS THE PROCEDURAL PROCESS OF LIP FILLER INJECTIONS AT SKINLY AESTHETICS
- 6 THE DIFFERENT LIP TYPES AND SHAPES TO CONSIDER DURING YOUR LIP FILLER AUGMENTATION PROCEDURE
- 7 HOW MUCH FILLER IS TYPICALLY USED DURING A SINGLE PROCEDURE?
- 8 FAQ:
- 8.1 WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR LIP FILLER?
- 8.2 WHAT ARE THE CONTRAINDICATIONS TO GETTING A LIP FILLER?
- 8.3 HOW LONG IS LIP FILLER PROCEDURE?
- 8.4 IS LIP FILLER PAINFUL?
- 8.5 WHAT ARE COMMON LIP FILLER RISKS AND SIDE EFFECTS?
- 8.6 WHAT IS THE DOWNTIME AFTER A LIP FILLER?
- 8.7 WHAT IS THE AFTERCARE FOR LIP FILLERS?
- 8.8 HOW LONG BEFORE I SEE LIP FILLER RESULTS?
- 8.9 HOW LONG DO LIP FILLERS LAST? ARE THEY PERMANENT?
- 8.10 CAN I DISSOLVE LIP FILLER IF I DON’T LIKE IT?
- 8.11 HOW MUCH DO LIP FILLERS COST?
- 8.12 WHAT TYPES OF DERMAL FILLERS ARE USED FOR LIP INJECTIONS?
- 8.13 WHAT ARE DIFFERENT LIP FILLER INJECTION TECHNIQUES?
- 8.14 WHY DO CERTAIN DERMAL FILLERS CREATE MORE LIP VOLUME AND OTHERS DO NOT?
- 8.15 WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIP SURGERY VS LIP INJECTION?
- 8.16 IS LIP FLIP THE SAME AS LIP FILLER?
- 8.17 WHAT IS HYALURON NEEDLESS LIP FILLER?
- 8.18 HOW MANY FILLER SYRINGES ARE NEEDED FOR MY LIPS?
- 8.19 WHICH FILLER IS BEST TO USE FOR THE LIPS?
- 8.20 WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING A NEEDLE VS CANNULA FOR LIP INJECTIONS?
- 8.21 CAN I WEAR A LIPSTICK AFTER LIP FILLER TREATMENT?
- 8.22 WHAT WILL MY LIPS LOOK BEFORE AND AFTER LIP FILLER TREATMENT?
- 8.23 WHEN IS IT OK TO EAT AND DRINK AFTER LIP INJECTIONS?
- 8.24 WILL LIP FILLER RUIN MY LIPS?
- 8.25 CAN I GET A LIP FILLER IF I’M PREGNANT?
- 8.26 DO MEN GET LIP FILLERS?
- 8.27 HOW TO FIND THE BEST DOCTOR FOR YOUR LIP FILLER TREATMENT IN NYC?
- 8.28 ARE LIP FILLERS WORTH IT?
- 8.29 WHERE CAN I GET LIP FILLER NEAR ME IN NEW YORK?
- 9 RELATED TOPICS