When you work out hard, but fat bulges refuse to go away, step up your game with CoolSculpting! Love handles or double chin will be melted in no time!
- Permanent reduction of diet and exercise resistant fat
- Non-invasive, No downtime, No side effects
- 25% FDA proven fat reduction after 1 session
- Entire body & face can be treated
- About: CoolSculpting is an innovative non-surgical treatment that utilizes fat freezing technology to permanently eliminate stubborn pockets of facial and body fat. With its continuous increase in popularity, CoolSculpting has become the gold standard for non-invasive fat reduction, allowing patients to reduce unwanted fat without the downsides and risks associated with surgical body-sculpting treatments.
- Safety: CoolSculpting is clinically proven and FDA cleared as a safe treatment to reduce resistant fat bulges. It is a non-invasive alternative to traditional liposuction, as it requires no needles, no incisions, and minimal to no downtime required.
- Convenience: One CoolSculpting session can be performed in as little as 35 to 70 minutes to reduce small amounts of fat, which is resistant to other weight-loss attempts such as diet and exercise. There is no post-procedural recovery time and patients are able to drive home unassisted immediately after their treatment.
- Cost: CoolSculpting prices range from $500 to $1200 per applicator, with 1-4 sessions to achieve positive results, where 1-4 applicators are utilized per 1 session.
- Efficacy: If performed by an experienced medical professional and with a proper treatment plan, CoolSculpting is clinically proven to be a highly effective method to selectively eliminate stubborn pockets of fat. Since its FDA approval in 2010, CoolSculpting treatments have increased by 823% with millions of patients successfully treated.
- 1 WHY DO I STILL HAVE FAT DESPITE DIET AND EXERCISE?
- 2 SUBCUTANEOUS VS. VISCERAL FAT
- 3 WHY ARE COOLSCULPTING TREATMENTS SO POPULAR?
- 4 HOW DOES COOLSCULPTING WORK?
- 5 WHAT AREAS CAN YOU DO COOLSCULPTING PROCESS?
- 6 WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR COOLSCULPTING?
- 7 HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY COOLSCULPTING TREATMENT?
- 8 WHAT IS THE COOLSCULPTING PROCEDURE LIKE?
- 9 HOW LONG IS COOLSCULPTING PROCEDURE?
- 10 WHAT ARE THE RISKS AND SIDE EFFECTS ASSOCIATED WITH COOLSCULPTING?
- 11 WHAT IS THE DOWNTIME AFTER COOLSCULPTING?
- 12 WHAT IS THE AFTERCARE FOR COOLSCULPTING?
- 13 HOW MUCH DOES COOLSCULPTING COST?
- 14 WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOLSCULPTING APPLICATOR SIZES?
- 15 WHAT PROCEDURES COMPLEMENT COOLSCULPTING?
- 16 WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS FOR FOCAL FAT REDUCTION?
- 17 WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COOLSCULPTING AND LIPOSUCTION?
- 18 WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COOLSCULPTING AND KYBELLA?
- 19 HOW MANY COOLSCULPTING SESSIONS DO I NEED?
- 20 DOES COOLSCULPTING HURT DURING THE PROCEDURE?
- 21 WHEN WILL I SEE MY COOLSCULPTING RESULTS?
- 22 WHAT WILL MY COOLSCULPTING BEFORE AND AFTER RESULTS LOOK LIKE?
- 23 DOES COOLSCULPTING TIGHTEN THE SKIN?
- 24 WILL I HAVE SAGGING SKIN AFTER COOLSCULPTING?
- 25 DO YOU LOSE WEIGHT AFTER COOLSCULPTING?
- 26 DOES COOLSCULPTING GET RID OF CELLULITE?
- 27 CAN I LOSE WEIGHT WITH COOLSCULPTING METHOD?
- 28 HOW LONG DO COOLSCULPTING RESULTS LAST?
- 29 IS COOLSCULPTING PERMANENT?
- 30 DOES FAT RETURN AFTER COOLSCULPTING?
- 31 IS COOLSCULPTING COVERED BY INSURANCE?
- 32 DOES COOLSCULPTING WORK?
- 33 CAN YOU COOL SCULPT YOUR CHIN?
- 34 IS COOLSCULPTING SAFE?
- 35 WHAT TEMPERATURE DOES HUMAN FAT FREEZE?
- 36 WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF CRYOLIPOLYSIS?
- 37 WHAT ARE SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND?
- 38 TAKEAWAY
- 39 HOW CAN I GET STARTED ON THE BEST COOLSCULPTING?
- 40 FAQ
- 41 RELATED TOPICS
WHY DO I STILL HAVE FAT DESPITE DIET AND EXERCISE?
Decades of research have proven that the combination of proper diet and exercise reduces fat and keeps the body lean, healthy, and good-looking.
Unfortunately, the following underlying factors can prevent even the healthiest individuals from reaching their specific goals and prevent them from losing unwanted fat.
Lifestyle and Fat: Fat is a complicated issue with multiple contributing factors. Sometimes it’s the consequence of a sedentary lifestyle and a caloric surplus due to a poor diet. But it’s also frequently seen in physically active adults with healthy diets and no chronic medical conditions. For the latter group, it becomes challenging to get rid of those last few pounds because the body won’t release that energy surplus until it goes into extreme starvation mode.
Medical conditions contributing to fat: While the above-mentioned elements do frequently contribute to that extra jiggly fat around the waistline, abdominal fat is often out of our control, secondary to underlying chronic health conditions, such as diabetes, or other contributors including genetics and hormones. In addition, cortisol, released by the body when stressed, leads to subcutaneous fat accumulation.
Types of fat: Visceral fat by definition is located around the abdominal organs and is known to be the most dangerous of fats, and responsible for multiple debilitating health issues including diabetes.
Visible fat bulges are almost always made up of subcutaneous fat, which is best described as “pinchable” fat directly below the skin. Recent studies have found that subcutaneous fat cells around the abdomen may present just as much danger as visceral fat cells.
The abdomen is the most common area in which our bodies store fat. Women, in particular, tend to store more fat around their hips and lower abdomen, which can be challenging to reduce, even with a perfectly structured diet and exercise plan. In addition, there is no natural way to target where you lose fat, meaning that even with your best efforts, you may never be able to naturally eliminate those particularly stubborn areas of fat accumulation.
SUBCUTANEOUS VS. VISCERAL FAT
- Visceral fat is considered the most dangerous type of fat as it is located around your internal organs. Visceral fat in the abdominal region can increase the risk for diabetes, heart disease, storke, and dementia and is unfortunately difficult to eliminate (even with the help of medicine).
- Subcutaneous fat is directly below the surface of the skin and is often described as the “pinchable” fat, such as the muffin top you might notice around your lower abdomen. Subcutaneous fat can be eliminated through exercise and a healthy diet, and for the more stubborn areas – CoolSculpting.
WHY ARE COOLSCULPTING TREATMENTS SO POPULAR?
Most of us struggle with at least one or the other area of stubborn fat that just doesn’t seem to come off, regardless of our efforts to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Exercise and diet largely contribute to these collections of unwanted fat, however, we can never control where our fat is deposited when we gain weight, or where it leaves when we lose it.
We all have billions of fat cells that are fixed in their place from a young age. As we gain or lose weight, these fat cells fluctuate in size, but you may have noticed that no matter what you do, that one stubborn area may never be reduced to the point that will satisfy you.
In addition, the desire to have a fit and toned body affects everyone from the general population to our favorite celebrities and social media influencers. We all want to look good and if this sounds familiar, you are not alone! Many of us consider undergoing invasive surgeries to put an end to these fat collections once and for all, but surgeries can be intimidating and dangerous. The good news is that there is a non-invasive method to eliminate these unwanted fat cells: CoolSculpting.
FDA approved in 2012, CoolSculpting has become increasingly popular amongst both men and women as a non surgical alternative to liposuction. With treatments that take only 35 – 45 minutes, involving zero downtime and limited side effects, it is no surprise that millions of patients are waiting in line to get their fat freezing procedure. CoolSculpting before and after stomach results are particularly popular. In fact, studies suggest that over 80% of patients are so satisfied with their cooling results that they would recommend the procedure to a friend. This treatment is so successful that Zeltiq aesthetics, the original manufacturer, sold their rights to Allergan in 2016 for an incredible $2.5 billion, making it the largest sale of a single medical device in history.
HOW DOES COOLSCULPTING WORK?
CoolSculpting is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that selectively eliminates stubborn fat through cryolipolysis; cryo, meaning cold, lipo, meaning fat, and lysis meaning dissolution or loosening. The treatment utilizes patented cooling technology to deliver targeted and controlled cooling to lingering pouches of fat.
Through the use of a handheld vacuum applicator, the skin with underlying adipose tissue is drawn in, allowing the machine to target the fat cells in that particular area. The tool lowers the temperature of the suctioned fat to -11° Celcius, allowing the fat within the adipocytes to freeze and crystallize causing aseptic (noninflammatory) apoptosis.
Because the freezing temperature of fat is higher than that of surrounding tissue and other cells, this treatment can safely be carried out without harming blood vessels, nerves or muscles in the treated area. The adipocytes carrying the frozen fat cells detach from the adipose tissue, consumed by macrophages, and are gradually metabolized through the body’s lymphatic system.
Because this new fat reduction treatment leads to apoptosis, the cells simply die, without bursting the contents of the cell. This prevents swelling and inflammation, which is otherwise often observed in other fat elimination treatments.
WHAT AREAS CAN YOU DO COOLSCULPTING PROCESS?
CoolSculpting works on several areas of the face and body which many patients have a genetic proclivity to, including:
- CoolSculpting for Double chin
- Submandibular fat (under the jawline)
- Submental fat (under the chin)
- CoolSculpting for Stomach fat
Anterior lower & upper abdomen
- CoolSculpting for Bra Fat
- Bra bulge
- Lower back
- Flanks, love handles and muffin tops
- Upper arms
- Axillae (coolmini armpit fat)
- CoolSculpting for Thighs
- Inner thighs
- Outer thighs
- Banana rolls (underneath the buttocks)
- CoolMini knees
Common condition amongst men causing them to store fat around the chest, resulting in “man boobs”
In order to treat the listed areas, an applicator must first be precisely measured to confirm that it is the appropriate size.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR COOLSCULPTING?
The ideal candidate for CoolSculpting procedures is an overall healthy patient who has reached target weight through lifestyle modifications but still has unattractive and pesky fat bulges interfering with ideal self-image.
If you are looking to use this fat cooling technology, you should have a BMI of 19 – 25 and be within 30 pounds of your ideal body weight with a body fat percentage below 32%. Your target fat should be persistent pinchable pouches of subcutaneous loose fatty tissue, resistant to your overall healthy lifestyle, complete with regular exercise and a balanced diet. Fat freezing is ideal for those who can’t afford surgical complications and downtime, interfering with their professional and personal life. You should also be prepared to wait a few months to see your results.
While this treatment is non invasive and comes with limited risks, there are certain contraindications including skin sensitivity to cold temperatures, such as cryoglobulinemia, paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria, cold urticaria, and cold agglutinin disease. If you have impaired peripheral circulation, skin sensation, or neuropathic disorders, fat freezing may not be right for you. Bleeding disorders, concomitant use of blood thinners, and a history of hernias near the treatment site, must be discussed with your physician before undergoing CoolSculpting procedure, as they may disqualify you from being a candidate. In addition skin conditions including eczema, dermatitis, or rashes around the treatment area must be controlled before undergoing cryolipolysis. If you are pregnant, you are not a candidate.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY COOLSCULPTING TREATMENT?
Allergan CoolSculpting does not require much preparation, though there are a few things you can do to optimize your results and make your session time more comfortable.
Before your CoolSculpting procedure, you should make sure that you meet all the criteria for CoolSculpting, have not eaten a full meal to comfortably withstand a high degree of suction especially in the abdominal region, and wear comfortable clothes during your cryolipolysis session.
Because it is important to remain still for an extended period of time throughout the procedure it is recommended that you take additional comforts of home with you to your treatment, such as a book, a movie, music, or your laptop for work, to help pass time. Many patients simply take a nap until the treatment has ended.
Your mental status is important as well because any changes to the body can cause anxiety or even depression. If you are feeling emotionally unwell about making changes to your body, keep in mind that it is completely normal to have insecurities and that with fat freezing, you are choosing a safe and non-invasive way to boost your confidence with an amazing Coolsculpting before and after lower abdomen.
WHAT IS THE COOLSCULPTING PROCEDURE LIKE?
CoolSculpting is a simple procedure that does not require the pre-planning of invasive surgery. Prior to your CoolSculpting treatment, the following steps will be performed:
During your consultation, you will have the opportunity to speak with Dr. Schwarzburg or his assistant to discuss details about your procedure including overall treatment goals, treatment areas, your questions and concerns, your medical history to confirm whether you are a good fit for the treatment.
Pretreatment photos will be taken to compare your results at your follow-up appointment, 1 – 2 months after your initial visit. This will help determine whether more treatments are needed to achieve your desired outcomes. CoolSculpting pictures after one treatment will also be taken to follow up and observe your progress.
Your physician will also fit various CoolSculpting applicators of different sizes to your areas of concern to determine which ones will be appropriate for use during your treatment.
Once a confirmed candidate, you will move forward with scheduling your procedure.
During your procedure, the current treatment paradigms include the following steps to successfully accomplish your desired results:
- The treatment site is sanitized using an alcohol wipe to ensure that the area is clean and a protective membrane, also called a “gel pad” is carefully placed on the treatment area to protect the skin from cold-related skin burns.
- The applicator is placed on the area to be treated with suction turned on, and the freezing process begins as the temperature gradually drops down to -11° Celsius, which is the freezing point of the underlying fat. During the freezing process, you may experience minimal discomfort including some tugging, pulling, and cooling sensation, and skin then becomes numb, once the fat is frozen. The cycle is complete after 35-45 minutes and the applicator is removed. Most patients read a book, watch a movie, or take a nap during this time.
- Once the applicator is removed, your provider will perform a manual massage of the treated area to further break down crystallized fat cells. This may result in additional bruising and discomfort, but improves the efficacy of the treatment by 25%. You will be sent home and may resume any normal activities that you can tolerate immediately. You can take NSAIDs such as ibuprofen to minimize any unpleasant sensations;
HOW LONG IS COOLSCULPTING PROCEDURE?
Each CoolSculpting applicator can take 35 to 45 minutes to run its course. Thus, the entire CoolSculpting procedure itself can take 70 minutes to several hours depending on the size of the treatment area and the number of applicators used. Some areas, such as CoolSculpting chin, require 2 – 3 applicators, meaning that the total session can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours.
Other areas, such as the back, may take even longer, as up to 6 applicators may be needed to achieve optimal outcomes. The time it takes to replace the applicators during each session can add an additional 5 – 10 minutes in between applicators.
The critical advantage of the procedure is that it requires no CoolSculpting downtime, meaning that the session itself is the only time that will be spent on the treatment.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS AND SIDE EFFECTS ASSOCIATED WITH COOLSCULPTING?
Multiple studies demonstrated few if any risks & side effects associated with cryolipolysis treatment. However, while the risks and typical side effects associated with CoolSculpting are limited, there is a possibility of the following occurrences.
Common fat freezing side effects:
- Bruising, which occurs due to the suction pressure involved during the treatment;
- Redness secondary to capillary dilatation;
- Blanching secondary to blood vessel constriction;
- Mild swelling, which subsides within 1 – 3 days post-treatment;
- Skin numbness, tingling sensation, and tenderness, which all subside within 2 days to 2 weeks post-treatment;
- Firmness in the treated area secondary to transient lymphatic congestion;
Rare side effects, complications and risks:
- Cold-induced skin burns may occur when the skin is too sensitive in which case the machine will detect that the temperature of the skin has dropped too low, and automatically shut down preventing frostbite from occurring.
- Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation means darkening of the skin, which can be treated using depigmentation cream or laser treatments, such as Fraxel laser.
- Paradoxical adipose hyperplasia which is an overgrowth of fatty tissue is incredibly rare (0.1% of CoolSculpting cases). The cause of this phenomenon is unknown, but experts have hypothesized that it may occur if an area has been treated more than once before the recommended waiting time (4 – 6 weeks)
WHAT IS THE DOWNTIME AFTER COOLSCULPTING?
A CoolSculpting fat freezing procedure does not involve any social or medical downtime. After your treatment, you can immediately resume normal activities. The treated areas may remain sore, numb and uncomfortable for up to 2 weeks, but this minor nuisance is easily managed with NSAIDs such as ibuprofen.
WHAT IS THE AFTERCARE FOR COOLSCULPTING?
After your CoolSculpting procedure, there is no medical or social downtime. Prescription medications are not needed following your session, though there are steps that can be taken post-procedure to lower your chances of discomfort.
To relieve tenderness you can take acetaminophen (Tylenol) or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) such as Aleeve or Motrin. Additional discomfort alleviating activities include meditation and breathing exercises, yoga, pilates and massage therapy. Warm compresses on the treatment site will help reduce any procedural bruising 48 hours after the procedure.
HOW MUCH DOES COOLSCULPTING COST?
The cost of CoolSculpting typically ranges from $500 to $1200 per 1 applicator. The majority of treatment areas require a minimum of 2 applicators per 1 session, and up to 4 sessions to accomplish the best outcomes, which brings the total cost anywhere from $1000 to $8000.
The total CoolSculpting cost depends on the following variables:
- The size of the treatment area as one target area may require up to 6 applicators per 1 session.
- The number of applicators may vary depending on how many areas you would like to be treated.
- The type of applicator used may increase the price accordingly. CoolPlus and CoolSculpting mini applicator are usually slightly higher in price than CoolAdvantage applicators. Coolmini before and after results are best seen in patients with previous double chins.
- In some cases, package deals are offered to patients who purchase multiple sessions and can decrease the overall cost.
- Geographical location as medical treatments are often costlier in larger cities than in rural areas.
- The level of expertise of your provider, as board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive knowledge of the human anatomy and body, will deliver the best outcomes and this should never be sacrificed.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOLSCULPTING APPLICATOR SIZES?
There are several types and sizes of CoolSculpting applicators, each of which appropriately fit different body areas.
- Cool-Advantage applicator
This is an average applicator, typically used on sections such as the mid and CoolSculpting upper abdomen, love handles, and arms.
- Cool-Plus applicator
This is a larger applicator, used on patients with more substantial pockets of fat, typically in the lower pelvic area or lower abdomen.
- What does Cool-Mini address?
This is the CoolSculpting small applicator size, used in areas such as the chin and jawline, or tiny pockets of fat in leaner patients.
WHAT PROCEDURES COMPLEMENT COOLSCULPTING?
Depending on your desired result, facial CoolSculpting can be combined with a variety of treatments for the face and body.
- Kybella is a minimally invasive injectable fat melting treatment, sometimes combined with CoolSculpting neck results to target the submental fat with twice the force, leaving patients with no double chin and a chiseled jawline.
- A PDO thread lift can be used after the fat around the CoolSculpting jaw has been eliminated through Cool-Mini applicator, in order to lift and tighten the lower face, for additional definition.
- CoolTone and EmSculpt – Cooltone and EmSculpt are non-invasive treatments that use electromagnetic muscle stimulation to strengthen the muscles and create a more toned look. Both can be used in areas such as the abdomen, thighs, and arms.
- QWO – QWO is a minimally invasive injectable cellulite treatment which is frequently combined with body sculpting procedures such as CoolSculpting.
- Sculptra – Sculptra is a minimally invasive injectable dermal filler, most commonly used to shape and lift the buttocks. As a popular body contouring treatment, Sculptra is often combined with CoolSculpting to achieve that “hourglass” look, particularly when injected into the hip dips.
- Skin tightening
- Fraxel – CoolSculpting does not typically result in loose skin. However, some patients combine non-ablative skin tightening treatments, such as Fraxel laser, with fat freezing, to additionally tighten the treated area.
- Secret RF – Secret RF is a skin tightening treatment using radiofrequency energy to stimulate collagen production. It is commonly combined with cooling technology to offer additional tightening around the treated fat cells.
WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS FOR FOCAL FAT REDUCTION?
Targeted fat loss can be accomplished using a variety of methods including surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures.
- Liposuction – a surgical procedure in which fat is physically suctioned out of the problem body areas under anesthesia using a cannula or similar surgical device.
- Kybella – a minimally invasive fat reduction treatment involving the injection of deoxycholic acid, a solution that breaks down fat cells in targeted areas.
- CoolSculpting – a completely non-invasive procedure using controlled cooling technology to eliminate small pouches of hard-to-reach fat.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COOLSCULPTING AND LIPOSUCTION?
Both CoolSculpting and Liposuction are medical cosmetic treatments used for fat reduction. While they do accomplish the same goal, the two treatments differ substantially. The differences are outlined below:
CoolSculpting is a non-surgical procedure that involves the use of a vacuum applicator to eliminate fat using cryolipolysis.Critical advantages include its completely non-surgical and non-invasive nature with no incisions or puncturing the skin and gradual results with no loose skin after treatment because the skin is able to adjust and “snap back” to the body’s new and improved form. An additional valuable aspect is the lack of downtime and immediate return to normal activities without any interruptions.
Liposuction is an invasive surgical procedure that involves the physical removal of fat using a large metal cannula under general anesthesia. Liposuction is easily recognized by its fully invasive surgical nature with general anesthesia. Following liposuction the results are immediate, however, there is a risk that skin may sag after treatment due to the sudden removal of fat. Surgical fat reduction involves considerable downtime up to 2-4 weeks, which is a combination of bed rest and limited activity. Risks and side effects include tissue swelling, bruising, fat embolism, and infection.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COOLSCULPTING AND KYBELLA?
Both treatments destroy and flush out unwanted fat cells. The primary difference is that fat freezing is non-invasive, while deoxycholic acid injections are minimally invasive and injectable. Fat cooling comes with limited risks and side effects and rarely results in swelling post-session. This is because the adipocytes (fat cells) shrink and release themselves from adipose tissue, producing limited to no inflammation. Kybella on the other hand causes adipocytes to burst, which can cause inflammation and swelling, one of the major side effects associated with the procedure.
This can be compared to a bunch of grapes (representing the adipose tissue), and each individual grape representing fat cells. When the grapes are frozen, they shrivel up, die, and fall off of the bunch. Kybella, would cause the grapes to burst, leaving behind a juicy mess.
While both treatments are effective, CoolSculpting is optimal for larger pouches of fat and Kybella is better suited for smaller collections of fatty tissue, and perhaps as a finishing touch to eliminate the fat that is too minimal to fit a CoolSculpting applicator.
HOW MANY COOLSCULPTING SESSIONS DO I NEED?
Depending on how much fat you have to begin with and your desired outcome, you may need anywhere from 1 – 4 sessions.
DOES COOLSCULPTING HURT DURING THE PROCEDURE?
CoolSculpting is not painful and does not require any form of anesthesia. During the treatment, you may experience intense cold sensations during the first few minutes, tingling, mild pinching, and stinging. Vacuum force may also cause mild aching and cramping together with tugging and pulling sensations. Exposure to cold temperatures may also leave your skin numb for up to 1 week.
WHEN WILL I SEE MY COOLSCULPTING RESULTS?
You will start to see results within several weeks (1 – 3 months) after the initial treatment. Patients may require anywhere from 1 to 4 sessions of CoolSculpting to reach their desired appearance. This depends on how much fat is present at the starting point, if the patient’s current diet and exercise regimen are maintained, improved, or neglected, and finally the patient’s general response to cryolipolysis treatment.
Keep in mind that each session results in a 25% fat reduction. A second session will reduce your muffin top by a total of 40 – 50%. Thus, each consecutive session will additionally reduce the prevalence of your belly fat getting you closer to your final result. The body continues flushing out dead fat cells for up to 6 months.
WHAT WILL MY COOLSCULPTING BEFORE AND AFTER RESULTS LOOK LIKE?
Before your CoolSculpting treatment, you will have unflattering and lifestyle limiting excess fat in various regions of your body, whether that be your abdomen, thighs, or arms.
The unpleasing areas of fat accumulation on your body before your treatment will be eliminated by 25% after your first CoolSculpting session. With each consecutive treatment, your results will improve by an additional 25%, until you have reached your optimal outcome of a leaner and more sculpted body. The most dramatic results will be seen once the right number of sessions is performed.
DOES COOLSCULPTING TIGHTEN THE SKIN?
CoolSculpting will not tighten your skin like other procedures, such as Fraxel or a PDO thread lift. However, unlike other treatments for fat reduction, such as traditional liposuction, CoolSculpting will not leave you with loose skin, as the results are gradual and allow your skin to adjust accordingly. If you get CoolSculpting under chin, for example, you will not be left with lax skin after your session.
WILL I HAVE SAGGING SKIN AFTER COOLSCULPTING?
After CoolSculpting, you will not have sagging skin. Because the results take 1 – 4 months to fully settle, the process is gradual. This allows your skin to adjust to the changes, unlike other treatments such as liposuction, which may result in loose skin.
DO YOU LOSE WEIGHT AFTER COOLSCULPTING?
CoolSculpting is not a weight-loss device and is not intended for patients who are obese or overweight. However, you will lose inches around your treated area.
DOES COOLSCULPTING GET RID OF CELLULITE?
While CoolSculpting can help with cellulite, it will not eliminate it. Cellulite is a mixture of fat, cellular debris, and other toxic waste trapped in fatty tissue. To break down cellulite you will need to maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine or get a focused cellulite treatment, such as QWO cellulite injectable, to break down fibrous septae, which are responsible for the classic dimpling associated with this unflattering condition.
CAN I LOSE WEIGHT WITH COOLSCULPTING METHOD?
Coolsculpting is not a weight loss treatment because it doesn’t target visceral fat surrounding your internal organs, which is responsible for most of weight gain. However, keep in mind that having some body fat is important for good health, however, not all fat is healthy; some fat can even be dangerous.
HOW LONG DO COOLSCULPTING RESULTS LAST?
Your CoolSculpting results will last indefinitely. Once the treated fat cells are killed off and metabolized, they will not return. However, CoolSculpting does not prevent you from gaining new weight in the future, meaning that excessive caloric intake and lack of exercise can result in new adipose cells and further weight gain.
IS COOLSCULPTING PERMANENT?
The dead fat cells destroyed during your CoolSculpting treatment are permanently eliminated. However, this does not prevent you from developing new fat cells.
DOES FAT RETURN AFTER COOLSCULPTING?
A CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure causes the temperature of the targeted adipocytes (fat cells) to drop to their freezing point, which is -11° C. This results in aseptic apoptosis, or cell death, followed by the metabolization of the dead fat cells. While the fat is permanently removed during this process and will not return, CoolSculpting will not stop your body from generating new adipose tissue if you have excess caloric consumption.
IS COOLSCULPTING COVERED BY INSURANCE?
This is not a medically necessary treatment and is strictly cosmetic. Consequently, the procedure is not covered by insurance.
DOES COOLSCULPTING WORK?
Yes, cryolipolysis is approved by the food and drug administration (FDA cleared) and clinically proven by peer reviewed studies to be a safe and effective non-invasive treatment for the permanent elimination of fat. Each session is expected to eliminate 25% of subcutaneous fat in the treated area.
CoolSculpting works best on patients who are overall healthy, are within 25-20 lbs of their ideal weight, want to get rid of small collections of stubborn fat, and are able to sustain a healthy diet and exercise regimen to sustain their lasting results.
Cryolipolysis is less effective on patients who have underlying health conditions, are obese or overweight, and can implement necessary changes to their lifestyle in order to maintain their results.
CAN YOU COOL SCULPT YOUR CHIN?
Yes, CoolSculpting under chin reviews are glowing due to the fat freezing double chin before and after results that everyone is raving about.
IS COOLSCULPTING SAFE?
This controlled cooling method has a well-established safety and efficacy profile and is FDA-approved as a safe and effective body contouring treatment.
CoolSculpting applicators contain built-in safety sensors that will detect if your skin is getting too cold, causing the machine to shut down.
- Is CoolSculpting safe for diabetics?
CoolSculpting is non-invasive and does not require medications or anesthesia, making it safe for diabetics. However, if you have impaired circulation in the treatment area that may preclude you from getting the procedure done.
- Is CoolSculpting safe when pregnant?
It is contraindicated for pregnant patients to do CoolSculpting hourglass figure, however, the treatment is safe and effective for excess postpartum weight, and will not affect fertility in the future.
WHAT TEMPERATURE DOES HUMAN FAT FREEZE?
The freezing point of fat is -11° Celsius, and is higher than the freezing temperature of other tissues.
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF CRYOLIPOLYSIS?
- Minimally invasive & non-surgical body contouring
- No recovery or downtime time required
- Minimal risks and side effects
- Only eliminates 25% of subcutaneous fat per session
- May take up to 4 months to see full results
- Not suitable for obese or patients with a BMI above 30
WHAT ARE SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND?
- CoolSculpting is not a weight-loss treatment designed for obese patients;
- It works best on patients who are dedicated to maintaining a healthy lifestyle that complements the results of the treatment;
- Make sure that your provider is CoolSculpting certified;
- Research your clinic of choice to confirm that they have good reviews, the office is clean, you will be treated by a qualified medical professional, and the staff is friendly and considerate.
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that uses cryolipolysis technology to kill fat cells and permanently eliminate stubborn pockets of body fat. If planned properly and performed by a skilled and experienced board-certified physician, cryo results will be observed within 1 – 4 months after the initial treatment. Keep in mind that some patients need up to four total sessions to achieve their desired result.
Always make sure that you are a good candidate by scheduling a consultation with your provider to discuss all the necessary details to accomplish your desired outcome.
HOW CAN I GET STARTED ON THE BEST COOLSCULPTING?
If you’ve been searching for the best medical spas for CoolSculpting in NYC, you have yet to visit Skinly Aesthetics Medical Spa, owned and run by board-certified physician Dr. Schwarzburg, located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and select locations spread out in Downtown New York, Midtown West, Chelsea, Soho and West Village.
The cost ranges $600-1000 per applicator and multiple applicators may be needed to achieve desired results
CoolSculpting is completely safe because it is a non-invasive procedure without cuts or incisions
There is no downtime after CoolSculpting, and normal activities can be resumed immediately
It takes 4-8 weeks for dead fat cells to be flashed out of your body and to see results.
Multiple scientific and clinical studies confirm that CoolSculpting works.
Each CoolSculpting applicator takes 35-45 minutes to run
CoolSculpting is completely non-invasive and you can return to normal life without restrictions
Most common CoolSculpting side-effects are redness, skin numbness and minor bruising
Once the fat is melted and removed from the body, CoolSculpting results become permanent